Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Subsidy: November 1- December 9, 2016
Crisis: January 9 - March 31, 2017 (or until funds have been expended)
Monday through Friday 8-12, We are located in the old hospital at 200 Highway 81 North, Calhoun, KY
Applications will ONLY be accepted during these listed dates/times. Eligibility is determined by household size, income, etc. All eligible households will receive benefits during the Subsidy period. Benefits are more limited during the Crisis period as stated at the LIHEAP office. All household information will be verified and any false or fraudulent activity will be reported along with LIHEAP ineligibility. Stop by the LIHEAP office or call (270) 273-3355 for more information.
Required documents include:
1. Photo ID of applicant & Social Security cards for each member of the household.
2. Proof of ALL household members’ income from the preceding month. This includes Social Security, Wages, Child Support, Unemployment, Pension/Retirement, KTAP, Worker’s Comp, etc)
3. Most current heating bill, statement from your landlord if heating expenses are included in rent, statement from utility company if you participate in Pre-pay Program.
4. The account number & name on the account for all heating fuel sources & electric.
5. Please note: During crisis, applicants MUST bring a disconnect/past due notice or a copy of lease & eviction notice for those that have utilities included in rent.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OR PROCESSED WITHOUT THESE DOCUMENTS!